Date: Sep 15, 2016 - Dec 5, 2016
#200, 50 Lincoln Park, Canmore, Alberta, Canada T1W 3E9
The Mountain Skills Semester is designed from the cumulative experience of over 35 years as Canada's top mountain school. We have focused on the most …read more
Find Your Adventure
Now through the end of the summer season, Mountain Trip will be featuring new LOWER pricing for the Telluride Via Ferrata. Put a little adrenaline into your week and come join them on this iconic route before summer slips away: mountaintrip.com/colorado/via-ferrata/ ... See MoreSee Less
23 hours ago
Mark Allen descending to the Saas Valley, Pennine Alps in Switzerland, in the shadow of the Mischabel Group.
"The Täschhorn, Dom, Lenzspitze and Nadelhorn taunt further exploration being the section guarded by no mechanical advantages. I recently was told Mischabel was an old Saas word for "pitchfork" a remnant of older german dialect to describe the quartet of rock peaks cutting the sky seen from the valley floor. Wonderful to be in the same frame of mind as the original Saas observers. Their very words even today prevail as the highest constant._ - Mark Allen ... See MoreSee Less
23 hours ago
Dispatch from our friends at Mountain Professionals today on Kilimanjaro:
Heading for the top - August 11, 2016
Ok we are set to go, tonight we leave from high camp here at Barafu and will leave about 1 a.m. To start climbing for the summit. Everyone is excited and ready to go!! We had a nice short hike today from the Karanga and have had plenty of time here chilling out for preparation and had a summit meeting just before getting in bed to try and get a few hours sleep before an early wake up in the dark.
The weather is quite nice now, low wind and fairly decent temperature so if that holds out we should be looking good. The wind is the big coldness factor on Kili, so when it is calm it is awesome to climb, fingers crossed!
Off to sleep now so we will update as soon as possible with news ! ... See MoreSee Less
2 weeks ago
Altitude Pakistan reports there was no (7,276m / 23,871 ft) Mustagh Tower summit for Felix Berg & Matthias König. They climbed MA's SE Ridge to 6000m in a short weather window last week. They are now back in Skardu.
Photo: Bivouacking on SE Ridge during their summit attempt.
Deemed "impregnable" in 1941 by Vittorio Sella, Mustagh's firrst ascent was by a British expedition, consisting of John Hartog, Joe Brown, Tom Patey and Ian McNaught-Davis. From the Chagaran Glacier on the west side of the peak they reached the summit via the Northwest Ridge on July 6, 1956 in a race with a French team that summitted 5 days later. ... See MoreSee Less
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Sébastien Laurent shoots a selfie of he and Nicolas Dupuis on Aiguille de la Bérangère at the west end of a 3 km traverse of the Dômes de Miage. The long snow-covered ridge of the Dômes de Miage is one of the most beautiful ridges of the Massif du Mont Blanc ... See MoreSee Less
2 weeks ago
Dispatch from our friends at Mountain Professionals - Lava Tower - Baranco Camp, Kilimanjaro, August 9th, 2016
"Hello from Baranco camp! We are sending a photo today of the team at the Lava Tower where we did our acclimatization today on the way to camp. It was a good day and the team is working well, aside from some minor aches and pains and things, everyone is doing very well!
We had awesome weather today for the trek, taking in the sights of Kili, the Shira Plateau and some of the interesting vegetation at this stage in the trek. We got into camp around 5 o'clock and everyone is resting in tents now until dinner time, this day is one of the longest so folks are psyched we knocked it out and can now look to a shorter day going over to Karanga.
We have the Barranco wall to ascend in the morning, but this is just a short couple hours of steep trail and then just a short day up to the camp!
Then we are just one more day up to the high camp, so things are cruising along nicely. Miles the monkey, the TFK mascot is doing well, people are singing along the way, and things are well for friends and family back home!" ... See MoreSee Less
2 weeks ago
John Griffith Alpine Exposures- Jon Griffith Photography shoots Kevin Mahoney beneath their objective for tomorrow, the striking Red Pillar of Brouillard on Mont Blanc. Beautiful bivy spot. ... See MoreSee Less
3 weeks ago
Chile has been hammered recently with some of the best early snow in years, but that's no avalanche bomb......¡Cuidado! Volcan Nuevo erupted today at Nevados De Chillán, Bío Bío Region, Chile. ... See MoreSee Less
3 weeks ago
Mountain Madness guide Yoshiko Miyazaki-Back shoots down on one of the fifty classics, the West Ridge of (8815 ft / 2687m) Forbidden Peak. North Cascades National Park, WA.
"After a wet start to the season I think summer is finally here in full force!" Still plenty of time to get things done. bit.ly/1fc41pe ... See MoreSee Less
4 weeks ago
- Get 20% Everest Basecamp Trek Discount It will give us enormous pleasure to introduce you to an astounding view of the …
- Free Climbing Holds! Free climbing holds! We'll cover the holds; you cover the shipping and hardware.
- Trek to Everest Base Camp for FREE !Get a group of 10 people together and you can get your Everest Base camp Trek space …
- Free Tour of Kennecott w/ Any Multi-Day BookingMention this offer from MtnGuide.org and get a free tour of historic Kennecott with …
- 2015 Heliski OffersHere at Last Frontier HeliSkiing we have many great deals to offer our valuable …
- $500 Off!!!Mention this listing and receive $500 off any course we offer!
- discount 5% for any tourtell us you found us on mtnguide.org and get 5% off for any tour.
- Special Daily Guide Rate - 5%If you book more than 2 days and you are more than 2 person we will give you : 5% …
- Stage Climbing advanced level in Valle Orco-Gran ParadisoThe course is aimed at those who climbing leading on sport climbing route, aims to …
- Cash Referrals & Discounts from SummitClimb.comWe offer CASH commission on referrals and EXCELLENT group discounts so please tell …
- Introductory offerMention this page for a $25 credit toward any activity or purchase from Aspen …
- SAVE 10% on mtnguide.org!Tell us you saw our trip on mtnguide.org and we'll give you 10% off the land cost of …
- Discounted Spring Tours and Treks in Yellowstone Spring is a great time to visit Yellowstone. Snow fills the mountains, green grass …
- Get a free Tandem ride for a family of friendSign up to learn to fly with Pennsylvania Paragliding, and get a free tandem ride …
- 15% discount to Mtnguide.org VisitorsExclusive to mtnguide.org visitors! 15% discount on all prices. Mention on the …
- Early Booking DiscountsBook an expedition to any 8,000 meter peak, 6 months or further in advance and …
- Mountain Gurus "Seven Summits" savings!Sign-up for any two Seven Summits adventures with Mountain Gurus and save $300 each …
- Free cordelette anchor with an 8 hour one-on-one session!If you book a 8 hour private one on one session with us, we'll give you a free …
- 10% Off Crested Butte Condo RentalMention mtnguide.org and receive 10% off your stay of any length.